Friday, January 16, 2004

Yet another rejection slip!
Hello, Chris, and thank you for submitting your story "Miscellaneious
Divine
Being.." to Wicked Hollow, but I'm afraid I won't be accepting it for
publication.

Sorry, but not quite a match here. I don't pick up too many stories
dealing
directly with angels, demons, or the like. More just a personal taste
issue
than anything specifically wrong with the ilk. I also felt there was
too
much telling here where you could have instead showed the reader
something,
thus bringing them further into the story. For example, in describing
the
cat you say, "It is skinny and malnourished." Very well, but why not
show
us that it's skinny and malnourished instead of telling us?

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read this, however, and feel
free to
send along your next.

Blessings,
Jon Hodges, Wicked Hollow
http://blindside.net/WickedHollow

What can I say. I'm batting around zero. Eh.

No comments: