Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The One Book meme

I saw this over at LutherPunk
The One Book

1. One book that changed your life:Wiesel, Dawn

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:Card, Ender’s Game

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:Aescyus, The Orestrian Trilogy

4. One book that made you laugh:Moore, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff

5. One book that made you cry:Gipson, Old Yeller

6. One book that you wish had been written:Voltaire and Rousseau, Our Christian Faith or alternatively Calvin, Against Systemization

7. One book that you wish had never been written:Hitler, Mein Kampf

8. One book you’re currently reading:Caspi, Take Now Thy Son: The Motif of the Aqedah in Literature

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling

11 comments:

Dr.John said...

Thought I'd see the Bible in there somewhere. Perhaps, the one book I would use as a doorstop.

Louisiana said...

send here by Dr. John. i hadn't heard of this meme yet. i know my kids would have much to write here. they are avid readers.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Those are a lot of books to read.
Hello! I'm here from Dr. John.

Anonymous said...

Funny..the one book you wish had never been written, is the one book I want to read. I finally finished my internship, will be back in class until december and then will be waitng for a call. btw..Dr. John sent me!

Catch said...

Old Yeller made us all cry! Im from Dr JOhn.

Cindy said...

Dr. John sent me- hope you're having a cooler day where you are than we are having here!

B.R.L said...

Hi cool nice blog From Dr.johns Crazy Object b.

Margaret said...

I have only one book to fill all those spots! Great meme though. Stopping by to say hi via Doc John. Enjoy your trip! -Margie

Gingers Mom said...

Interesting list. I wish I had more time to read. I miss it.

Dr. John sent me

B.R.L said...

I agree that I wish that Hitler had never written M. k.
Came from Dr John's

Stacy said...

Hmmm...I think I've found a couple of books to add to my list to read. Dr. John sent me.