Sunday, September 24, 2006

Admitted!!!

So, I am no longer "accepted" in the M. Phil. program at Cambridge, instead I am admitted. Practically speaking what that seems to mean is that I can now look into getting a place to live at St. Ed’s itself!
Oh, and for those trying to track where in the world Chris Halverson is, I am currently at Thief River Falls Minnesota. I went to a family reunion today. Good fun. Everyone kept commenting on what nice hair I have. I couldn’t figure out why that was, so I asked my mom. She reminded me that the last time any of the these people had seen my I was in my "dreadlocks stage." Apparently wavy fluffy blond hair is more attractive to little old Scandinavian ladies than gnarled up grey-blond dreads "set" with yogurt. Who knew?
Peace,
Chris

4 comments:

B.R.L said...

Glad you had a fun time at the reuion and you impresses the ladies with a new hair look.
Congrats on the exceptence.

Christopher said...

"Gnarled up grey-blond dreads set with yogurt"
Yup. Surprizingly there are some women, much younger than my great aunts, who found that look attractive, or so I told myself at the time.
Peace,
Chris

Dr.John said...

My little old Scandinavian ladies in the parish didn't hesitate to tell me when to get a hair cut.

Jessie O said...

Every Eugene-boy needs a dreadlock phase. I bet Jesus had dreadlocks.

p.s. I've joined the blog world.