Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lent Day 6

Where is my treasure?
Have I forgave enough?
Who do I serve?
Do I worry about tomorrow?
Do I focus too often on what I can not do?

"The eye is the lamp of the body. So if your eye is sound your whole body will be full of light; but if your eye is not sound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!"

(Matthew)
They peer out there, dimming, lighening, two eyes for two choices. "Child of Darkness, Child of Light."
Perhaps they fall too often on those "horror shows" a "Clockwork Orange" round like my peering, inquisitive eye, roaming to catch it all, take it ALL in. Perhaps after so many sights, the simple stillness becomes dull.
Alternatively, the other eye sees that starvation causes blots of sight to be peeled away and not return, scurvy, ship wrecked, sailors.
Look everywhere, yet keep it all in focus!
(Exodus)
All these names
Out of which you pluck me
From the river, to the desert
The bush, the court of pharoah
Me, a man of weak tongue, and little confidence.

Peace,
Chris
Perhaps an impossible task?

No comments: