Monday, May 08, 2006

The first half of chapter 6 of Days in the Cold is up

Days in the Cold continues on. In other news I'm starting to write a Fantasy novel, titled Gnosis. I've finished the Prologue and started the first chapter.
I've also finished reading "Stories of Emergence: Moving from absolute to authentic." I feel this book is what "a Generous Orthodoxy" should have been. It is a set of 15 autobiographical essays of Emergent Church folk. The people who contributed are quite diverse, from Jay Bakker, son of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, to Parush Parushev, a formerBulgarian Communist, to George Baum, a former Lutheran who has a touching story about loosing his brother and his faith to aids, and regaining his faith in a very Lutheran way, remembering his Baptism.
I've also started reading Jimmy Carter's "The Hornet's Nest" and Jim Wallis's "God's Politics." I have to say Jimmy is letting me down, as for Jim, check out his letter to Jessie Ventura.
Peace,
Chris

1 comment:

Dr.John said...

Amazing. You have time to both read and write. It is good to be young and have all that energy.