Thursday, December 08, 2005

Greek and German

So today I started an ambitious project for this year. I intend to re-learn German (which is made easier as Jon is a foermer German instructor and Viktor is a native speaker) and teach myself Greek. I'm using "German Crash Course" by Schaum and "Learn Ancient Greek" by Peter Jones. So far I like Jone's work much better, in fact I'd recommend it, its really witty and I've already translated a pedophile pot (my name for them) which is a pot that men gave to their boy lovers. It reads Kalosopais" or "The boy is Handsome."
Other than that I'm reading Hesse's "Steppenwolf" and John R. W. Stott's "I believe in Preaching. I also got Christopher Hitchen's "Love, Poverty, and War."
Good times. Tonight we are holding our first RYPPERS meaning, hopefully it should be good.
Peace,
Chris

1 comment:

Andy Kaylor said...

I love Steppenwolf. I first read it when I was 20. I read it again when I was 30, and it turned out to be an entirely different book.