Monday, July 24, 2006

Hobnobbing with the High and mighty

The last few days things in my life have been very highbrow. On Friday I went to Cambridge and hung out with a bunch of cool-hyper-intelligent theology professors at Charlotte Hempel about 4QMMT Miqsat Maaseh Ha-Torah, a Dead Sea scroll, as well as meeting John Piper.
Then yesterday the St. Mark’s crew was invited to Lord Braybrook’s. The tea was a fundraiser for St. Mark’s so we went there to shmooze (which I found out yesterday from Vik, in German refers to foreplay, not socializing, so I use the word in it’s American context!) with all the posh people there. So now I can say I’ve had tea with an English Lord and Lady!
I have to admit rubbing elbows with the "high and mighty" was kind of fun, and it makes me remember more clearly that we as Christians are called to minister to the low and weak ones; to the Ungoogleable ones, so to speak!
Peace,
Chris

2 comments:

Dr.John said...

Who then is called to minister to the high and mighty? Or do we just count them as lost? Just wondering.

Christopher said...

My impression is that everyone wants to minister to the High and Mighty, so the general Magnificat-ish ruminations of Jesus, the prophets, and the Psalmist are correcting for a general problem we find, that the un-googleable are ignored.
Peace,
Chris