Thursday, January 31, 2008

And the Winner of tonights Obama/Clinton debate.....

The Democratic Party. They were nice to one another (as opposed to last night's gorefest in the Reagan library), they had differences, but they didn't go after one another on a personal level! Good for them!
Obama did well framing the argument as his judgement trumping her experience. He's running a much more post-partisan campaign than she is. His pro-government transparency views impressed at least one person I was watching with. Everyone was impressed by his "I don't want yes-men/women working for me, but people who will tell me when I'm wrong" answer.
They both had some good one-liners, Clinton, judging by the applause she received, may have got the best one in saying that it took a Clinton to clean up after Bush one it will take a Clinton to clean up after Bush two.
Peace,
Chris

2 comments:

Judah Gabriel Himango said...

Heh, frankly I don't find that a compelling one-liner. I'm through with Bushes and Clintons.

Judah Gabriel Himango said...

Shalom Chris,

Thought you might get a kick out this humorous compilation of the Obama/Clinton lovefest the other night. :-)