Thursday, April 15, 2004

I know I said that was my last blog for the morning, but I got to thinking, I've been too news heavy this morning (this of course is because I gave up news/political junk for Lent). Well, I'm going to keep this blog Lutheran.
Here were the questions from D+D last night.
The Questions
1. Are Biblical translations like beer, meaning there is no best, just the one in your hand (not my statement)?
2. Is the resurrection a bodily or spiritual resurrection? Does one have to believe in the resurrection to be Christian?
3. Is there objective truth? If yes can human capture more than a glimpse of this truth? If not does God have “a truth” and would God’s truth be just as subjective as our own?
4. Is brimstone a WMD? For that matter what is up with God’s wrath? How should readers of the Bible take God’s wrath, how should they act?
5. Other than atonement for our sins what other way could one interpret Jesus’ death on the cross?

No comments: