Sunday, January 15, 2006

Thoughts on MLK

I've listened to MLK's "Declaration Against the War on Vietnam" and his "I've been to the Mountaintop" speeches. I have to say I know why they killed him. His views on love and the way we should live with one another is so radical! He basicly wanted us to take Democracy to its utmost reaches, making it much more radical than any Marxist idea.
I couldn't help but cry at both speeches. The "Declaration" because of where we are now, "Mountaintop" because it was as if he knew it was it, it was the end and he was Moses. Beautiful.
Peace,
Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not to insult your intelligence, but just about every school kid knows that's why mlk was murdered (why is it that if you're famous you're assinated, but if you're just a regular joe shoe you're murdered?).