Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The July Edition of The Foundation is up

This month I've tried something differant. I've written out a speech Bush could give to the UN to explain the end goals of the War on Terror. Here is the start of the speech, for the rest of it click on the link.


"Two score and three years ago, a great American, to whom this nation owes a great debt, told America about a dream he had. This dream came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of African Americans who had been separated from the bright promises this nation has to offer and trapped in the darkness of humiliating, squalorious, conditions, that man was not made to live in. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of calamity. But forty-three years later, we must face the tragic fact that we have stopped there.
Forty-three years later, the lives of colored people all around the globe are still sadly crippled by the manacles of tyranny and the chains of oppression. Forty-three years later, the West lives on a lonely island of material prosperity, political justice, and individual freedom in the midst of a vast ocean of poverty, injustice, and cruelty. Forty-three years later, the majority of the world languishes under absolutists, theocrats, and poverty...."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great 4th of July re-visit/update on MLK--I loved it!

Chris Beason said...

Sadly, that is the truth and the oppression and poverty has gotten worse and affects all the races of people in America. Found your blog through Dr. John.

Anonymous said...

A lutheran missionary in London. I love it! Dr. John sent me! I love this marathon!

Catch said...

Hi...Dr John sent me.

jafabrit said...

dr.john sent me. I enjoyed reading your timely reminder by MLK.

B.R.L said...

Hi from Dr,johns blog bye

Crazy object B.

Cindy said...

Dr. John sent me- this marathon idea he had is great!

B.R.L said...

We do live in interesting times and at times a little scary.
Came from Dr John's