Sunday, September 02, 2007

The real world and the cyber world meet

Today I had the distinct pleasure of meeting The Lutheran Zephyr at the playground behind my seminary flat. We hung out briefly, talked about the Seminary, his meeting his wife there, etc. It was cool, he’s a good guy.
The visit though, was also a little weird. No, Chris doesn’t have seven eyes, or three noses, instead its simply that we knew one another only through blogging previously. Blogging is, lets face it, a rather passive form of communication. You essentially throw this and that thing onto the web and hope someone else finds it interesting. This was face to face, and you realize there is a person on the other end of this computer.
Well, at any rate bloggings pretty cool. As you might remember I met Dan in Alaska a year ago, and now Chris D here in Philly.
Peace,
Chris

1 comment:

RevHRod said...

So glad you got to meet my real life and blogging life friend! I'm just jealous that you got to see him and I missed him!

I met a blogging friend face to face this summer. It's strange when they show up all of a sudden. I had this feeling like, "Yikes! She knows my secret identity!" But as odd as it felt, it was wonderful too. Real time conversations are the best.