Friday, November 09, 2007

The Screwtape Emails (In accordance with the Gospel of Matthew) PART 1

To: Lrd_STN@hellmail.org
From: Mephistopheles666@Downlink.gov
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Fwd: Urgent! Something strange.
He has escaped Lord, he has disappeared to where I do not know. I beg for mercy.
In groveling terror, boot licking, and pre-figured pain,
Mephistopheles

To: Mephistopheles666@Downlink.gov
From: Lrd_STN@hellmail.org
Subject: Re: Re:Re:Fwd: Urgent! Something strange.
You should have consulted one of our Scripture Agents, you fool. You have played into the enemy’s hands. For it is written, “A voice was heard in Ramah, wailing and loud lamentation, Rachel weeping for her children; she refused to be consoled, because they were no more.” Find the boy; don’t rely on human agents. Kill him yourself!
In my Greatness, your Lord Beelzebul the Belial.

To: Lrd_STN@hellmail.org
From: Mephistopheles666@Downlink.gov
Subject: Re:Re:Fwd: Urgent! Something strange.
Oh Tempter, Angel of Destruction, Great Dragon, Father of Lies. I have done as you requested. I have further enflamed the passions of Herod. He is furious, his blood boils, murder… no Slaughter, is on his mind. His rage will surely overturn these prophetic mumblings that are rippling through the air. Have no fear. I serve my lord well.
Your terrified servant,
Mephistopheles

To: Mephistopheles666@Downlink.gov
From: Lrd_STN@hellmail.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Urgent! Something strange.
My dear Mephistopheles your superior has informed me of your findings. The worst fiends of the Realm have been scrambling to assess the situation. It is dire indeed. An Underling in Genealogical Collections put together information we have been storing since Abraham and came to a disturbing conclusion. A pattern has appeared! The Son of the King and the Patriarch has arrived!
You were right in feeling this… disconcerting… fulfillmentness, for lack of a better word. Reality is conforming to Hebrew Scripture. Old words like “Behold, a virgin” and “you O Bethlehem” are being materializing into physical existence. This may well be the greatest threat facing the Great Rebellion in generations. There is a child named “God with us” out there. Destroy him by all means necessary.
In my Greatness, your Lord Beelzebul the Belial.
PS Report to me alone. If you contact anyone else, including Screwtape, I will have their heads, and when your return from Earth, yours as well.

To: Sxwtp@Downlink.gov
From: Mephistopheles666@Downlink.gov
Subject: Urgent! Something strange.
Sir, I beg your pardon, for I have a sore report. Something is wrong! Something… huge… is happening. Its as if reality is… curving in a particular direction. I can’t describe it better than that. There are strange portents in the sky, the Zoroastrians are moving toward Jerusalem. There is a report that an angel has been sighted dreamwalking in Bethlehem. I don’t know what’s going on, but its big Sir.

No comments: