Monday, November 29, 2004

What happens when you let people like me design their own curriculum!

So, for my creative writing class I get to design my own curriculum for next term. Here is it.
Week 1.
1. Get in contact with soldiers, By this point I hope to have the addresses (email or snail mail) of several soldiers, as well as some sort of form letter to send off to soldiers in Iraq.
2. Read The Synoptic Gospels, Matthew, Mark, and Luke
Week 2.
1. Read the Gospel of John
2. Watch The Passion of the Christ
3. First discussion with Daniel Falk
Week 3.
1. Read Last Temptation of Christ
2. Watch Movie Last Temptation of Christ
Week 4.
1. Read Ender?s Game
Week 5.
1. Read Ender?s Shadow
Week 6.
1. Read Sound the Fury
Week 7.
1. Re-read the Gospels
2. Second discussion with Daniel Falk
Week 8.
1. Watch Rashomen
2. Skim Area Handbook for Iraq
3. Skim Historical dictionary of Arab and Islamic organizations
4. Skim Historical dictionary of Islamic fundamentalist movements in the Arab world
Week 9
1. Discussion with Timothy Gianatti
2. Read/compile letters from soldiers in Iraq
Week 10
1. Catch up on any readings/etc. I was unable to complete previously.

No comments: