Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ash Wednesday reflections of Exodus ch. 1/ Matthew ch. 1

I've started both of my Lenten disciplines. So far so good on the not eating meat thing.
As for my reflective bible readings here is a prayer I came up with after reading Exodus chapter 1 and Matthew Chapter 1:
LORD, entering the desert of Lent I pray (Ex. 1:1-5, Mat. 1:1-17)
for a deeper knowlege of the people in my family, recognizing the authority that comes with their position and also recognizing the person behind the title, that they are more than what they are in connection to me.
LORD, entering the desert of Lent I pray (Mat. 1:19)
that I may be more aware of the hurt and pain of others, but also, when I leap down to help pick them up that I may do so with a much greater discression than I have in the past.
LORD, entering the desert of Lent I pray (Mat. 1:1-17)
that I may find myself and my importance in proper proportion to all those that have came and all those who will come, recognizing both my smallness in light of history and my responsibility to not only the present and the future, but also to the past.
LORD, entering the desert of Lent I pray (Ex. 1:11-12, 16)
that I may remember and lift up those who sweat and toil, who are disrespected to the point of destruction.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit I pray.
Amen

In other news this month's Foundation is up.
Peace,
Chris

No comments: