Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lent day 3- how does this relate to my last post?

LORD may I find you out in the wilderness, and be ready when You reveal yourself to me be it through water or fire.
LORD take all presumptions from me, that I may listen to You, not my assumptions about You.
Amen.
These were my prayers last night. I wrote them down. Now this evening, after fussing over defense of Lent all night, I look at my prayer afresh. If nothing else Judah is poking at a point beneath my presumptions, if that is so, am I ready for what may be revealed in that?
My mind finds two possible points of revelation here. The first would be "Oh, shoot Judah’s right." The second would be that I’ve found a little muscle to defend what I believe in.
This I must think on.
Good night and Peace,
Chris

1 comment:

Judah Gabriel Himango said...

Chris, I'm glad you don't accept what I said up front. I'm glad you've gone to God with these things, that is the best way. Even if God leads you to something totally different than what I believe, you at least seeked the truth and seeked God honestly, and not with a hardened heart. Sign of a real believer, I think, is that you see a real trying to find out about God's ways, regardless of what society or religion thinks.

So thank you for not having a hardened heart, it's really refreshing. God bless you Chris, keep in touch.