Sunday, June 19, 2005

Roving Book Meme from Lutheranchik:

How many books do you own?: 48 at present (This is my summer reading, after graduation my parents took a bunch of my books back to Cheyenne), not including bound copies of "Faith and Grace" and "Testaments" that I’m editing.
Last book bought: "God: A Biography" by Jack Miles
Last book read: "Prince Caspian" the second book of the Chronicles of Narnia series.
Books that mean a lot:
Kitten’s Christmas (A tiny little book my mother used to read to me as a child, very cute)
Dawn (It is well written, touching, morally ambiguous, made me think)
Grapes of Wrath (For me it made liberalism make sense on a heart level)
Ender’s Game (What can I say? "The Gate is Down")
Hyperium/Endimiun (I finally got to see what literary genius looks like in science fiction)
The World as it is (Voltaire lays it out pretty well)
The Last Temptation of Christ/Zorba the Greek (Wrestling with the body and the soul, the idea and the deed, is very powerful)

No comments: