Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Unseen and the Oil Spill

I've had a hard time writing my sermon for this Sunday because my brain has stuck on this wonderful image relating to Faith, Hope, and the Unseen, but it doesn't fit with the actual message I'm preaching.
So I'm going to share it here.
The Obama Administration recently let it be known that 70% of the oil in the gulf has disappeared.
Wonderful! We can't see it, so it must not matter!
Truth be told it has been dispersed or is lurking deeper in the water. It is still there, it still matters, it is just unseen.
Hebrews describes faith as "the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."
So, I simply want to say faith is like 70% of the oil in the gulf--you can't see it, but it matters.

1 comment:

dizi izle said...

thank you