Friday, December 29, 2017

Luthermatrix 2017

So, as I try to do, I thought I’d reflect a bit on what I’ve blogged about this year.

First off, it is worth looking at what stuck a chord with people… most prominently my post about the Tax Bill and Charity which 1,340 people looked at. Then trailing by about 1,000 readers was A Unified Theory of Lutheranism Today where I reflected upon my Learning, Lawn chairs, and Lemonade events I ran this summer, where we thought about the future of the Lutheran Church. Then some folk read Jesus’ Unfinished Parable and Resolution 4: On Difficult Conversations about the resolution I introduced to Synod Assembly.

Secondly, it is worth considering a few posts I think more people should have read.

I re-wrote large portions of Paul’s letter to the Romans to be more understandable to my congregation, check them out if you have a chance. Maybe more exciting for me than anyone else, but last February I finally paid off my seminary debt! I also wrote a few good poems Dance and Metaphors are Everywhere. Then there are all my posts about the Indonesians who worship in our building who ICE deported. Finally, my response to Charlottesville felt inspired at the time.

No comments: